domingo, 27 de novembro de 2016

14.1.16 - Eindhoven


At the door of the Philips museum you can read something like "90 years of design". And Eindhoven is all that: design, mixing the history of the city with the trends of the commodities developed in the right there. One moment.. we`ll talk about that!I hadn`t traveled in these parts for a long time, so I was no longer accustomed to the humid chill that rises from the canals and cuts the bones as if it were a laser. When I left the plane, away from the aircraft and the heat emanating, the body seemed to freeze, shrinking, wasting all the energy to defend myself; Then I got used to it.From the airport to the city center I went by bus. Arriving, the usual image of the Netherlands: hundreds of bicycles - a favorite means of transport, economical and ecological - creating a static and mobile serpentine where I zigzagged to reach the other side of the street.Behind the transport, ahead the future.Eindhoven was a city heavily bombed in the War - invaded by the Germans and bombed by the Allies - and so the modernity of the Marshall Plan, reflected in the buildings: houses, offices, shops, museums, art spaces, Mixed with what remained of churches and their colorful stained glass windows and small houses that today constitute the historical and fun center par excellence: pedestrian and with a lot of life.As I said above, the history of Philips confuses itself with the history of the city and so I had lunch in a modernist restaurant, on the ground floor of the Philips building.With a hamburger and a beer was ready to cross the street and, in the first facilities of the Philips, dedicate part of the afternoon to see the museum.As I walked through the corridors of the museum and saw all the evolution of the brand I had the feeling that, years before, I had at the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart: this isn`t the Philips museum, it is the museum of an important part of the twentieth century, the Century of the people.The Philips Museum, in addition to showing how the first light bulbs were built, is a museum of commodities, household items we all had in our homes: from the shaver to the CD player, through the radios and televisions, turntables Laptops, vacuum cleaners, tape recorders. Imagine a fair of vintage but new items, and they have the Philips museum; Or if you prefer, the Jetsons or some 007 movies.The first part of the museum is a trip to the houses of the twentieth century.Then there's the rest: in the 1930s tuberculosis killed a lot of people, many people linked to Philips. Given this, the company began to apply its technology to health by creating the most sophisticated diagnostic apparatus that exists. It's business, of course; But it is research and innovation is also an important contribution to the improvement of our living conditions.Leaving Philips, I wandered through the city to the hostel. I saw lively people, drank beer, and ate French fries. I listened to music, took pictures of bronze statues and graffiti.My hostel, central, with excellent conditions, was populated by a fat cat, a nice dog, a schizophrenic turtle and a cat. In my ward, two Englishmen and one Italian; Destination: Amsterdam and all the freedoms that Holland offers.I went out for dinner when everyone is already quite "in for the night". Carpaccio, cheese fondue and an ice cream for 15 euros, in a student restaurant and attended by the friendly Claire.Before returning to the hostel I still had time to drink some more beers to the sound of a rock band playing covers from the 80's.I write from the train, in the direction of Amsterdam. Behind it was Eindhoven, a city that I advise to visit, a city that is confused with the history of a brand: Philips.Do you know what PSV Eindhoven's "P" means?



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário