domingo, 27 de novembro de 2016

26.12.15 - Oliveira de Azeméis | Chaves | Lamego | Penacova | Abrantes ( N2)



Some have Route 66, the Carretera Austral, the Panamericana. We have the National 2: from Chaves to Faro, once a set of Royal and National Roads that, in full Estado Novo, have united to connect the north top to the south top of the country.A beautiful route, one goes up and down between mountains and valleys, a backbone of what should be the most important cities and towns in the country.For years I had wanted to do this course - with João, Nico and Domingos in a green Mustang - but there was never an opportunity. Christmas weekend, warm temperature and clear sky: that's what I needed.I left Oliveira de Azeméis at 8:30 am, in the direction of Chaves. It's not important, I just describe it because there were kilometers accumulated. A32 and following highways, the constant speed not to ruin the Transalp tires.Arrived at Chaves it was time to certify the deposit, to eat an apple, to take the photo next to the road mark with Km 0 and ... follow trip.At 10:30 the sun rose and warmed the environment. I drove excitedly, glad to be there, hummed Chico Buarque in the ecofonia of the helmet.As an example of how the National Road 2 came into being, as a set of several roads, retail of the country, I had also been in several locations of National 2.Thus, from Chaves to Vila Real, passing through Vidago and Pedras Salgadas, I didn`t stop. I had already done it in February.The same in Vila Real, I was there to run during the visit of the WTCC.Descending from Vila Real to Sta. Marta de Penaguião and the Douro, the Régua, by the zigzag that runs along the terraces of our best nectar. I also didn`t make any prolonged looks, I just enjoyed driving.So the first stop was in Lamego. In the city center, I stopped in the middle of the square that houses the steps of the shrine of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios, to take a picture with the bike. Or the daring or fluorescent yellow of Alpinestars bags, I was the center of attention.From Lamego I went to Viseu.If National Highway 2 has been well signposted, then the signs disappear, the landmarks aren`t very visible and it seems that there is no tourist interest in keeping this icon of the roadtrips. It costs so little ...From Lamego I follow to Castro Daire and, later, to Viseu. As it hasn`t rained much, the road remains beautiful, reddish and brown, with the colors of Autumn that I saw days ago.In Viseu the plates of National 2 disappear again. But with GPS, I was able to find the way to Tondela and then Santa Comba Dão.If so far the road was zigzagged, after Viseu the road entered a more certain axis heading south.In Santa Comba it was time to re-certify the deposit to kilometers later and after Aguieira, stop by the Mondego in Penacova to take photos.Góis, Castanheira de Pêra, Figueiró dos Vinhos. Names from Rally of Portugal, where I spent, with which I dreamed, in times, to perform in competition cars.Speaking of names, Nacional 2 is full of names of our jokes: "Colo do Pito", "Picha", "Venda do Gaita", "Escalos de Baixo". Even in this the course is rich!From Góis to Pedrógão the zigzag came back; So that, knowing that I should head southward, by the position of the sun I traveled many miles to the north, east, and west.I crossed Zêzere at the Cabril Dam, and from there I saw the sun going down between bridges. An escarpment separates antiquity from modernity, as the height separating the bridges is the civizational difference. It will be?!In Serta, the Christmas illuminations gave a different light to the river, with many families taking advantage of the end of the winter day to stroll ..The sun was setting behind the mountains and the cold was passing the coat and trousers.Under a reddish sky, with the stars beginning to appear, I crossed Vila de Rei towards Abrantes.Nine and a half hours after I started walking, I stopped. Nearly 600 km after leaving home it is time for the bike to rest; and me too. Tomorrow I shall arrive in Faro.







Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário